Last week, I took the boys shopping for Easter clothes. Neither of them have dress pants that fit so it was time anyway. They looked at lots of things and then picked out outfits, seeming excited to wear them. Then this morning, two different boys (obviously) looked at these handsome outfits as if they had never seen them before and treated me as the evil wardrobe manager that was out to ruin their Easter. It was unbelievable. I decided I was not compromising, and for better or worse, I stuck to my guns. There were many tears, lots of dramatics and a promise from me that we will never do this again. For real.

Once we got to church, of course, everyone told them how handsome they looked. Casey could have stood a larger shirt, but its a set and the larger pants would have fallen down. "I feel like I could pop this shirt with my spine" he told all the well intentioned church ladies. Awesome. "We are never getting these again" was Sam's response to most people. At least he was listening.
The day got better though -church was great and by the time we got home, the rain had stopped and the Easter Bunny had come through. The boys excited ran around - forgetting how miserable their clothes were making them - finding eggs, both candy filled and hard boiled. Casey leapt for joy when the 3rd Harry Potter book turned up in his basket and Sam was happy to get a new DVD of Rise of the Guardians in his.
Then came the big surprise - they received 2 sets of Mater trucks, and underneath was an envelope that said "Give this to dad to hear about a HUGE surprise". They did and it was a series of index cards that Casey was able to read aloud... asking if they wanted to meet Mater and telling them that we are going to Disney World!! Casey got it right away and started jumping around. Sam isn't sure yet, but he is excited to go on a plane. Of course they have no concept of that Disney World is, except that Disney characters live there. We will go in a few weeks and I, for one, am really excited!
Since then we have been having a quiet day which is just right.
 |
| all the kids playing rainbow bells |
 |
| just flipping on coat racks |
 |
| finding eggs |
 |
| new lego sets! |
No comments:
Post a Comment