Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Darndest Things


Couple funnies of late to share:
Jeff will be taking a sleep test in a few weeks to see if there is something causing his exhaustion besides our life in general.  The office gave him some medicine and it was on the table.  The boys asked what it was and I told them it was medicine for Dad's sleep test and I then put it in a better spot.  As I walked away I overheard Sam say, "Dad is totally going to win that sleep contest!"

At a recent Scout meeting, Casey's group was learning about calling 911.  When it was his turn he picked up the phone and dialed 911 - the mom across the table said "911 whats your emergency?"  Casey said "my mom fell and I think she is really hurt".  The mom said "I'm glad you called, do you know your address?"  I thought he did so I wasn't worried.  But then he said "Well, um, here's what you want to do... get to the church, then go down to the end and then go almost to the end again and you'll find us."  Because everyone knows where the church is!

Lots of talk about Holy Week and Easter around here lately, and the other night Jeff asked the boys what they thought this was all about.  Casey, who is turning into a little evangelist, told us that Jesus died for our sins (just things we do wrong sometimes) and also so that no one else would have to die.  But that it turns out ok, because he is back alive on Easter.  Jeff turned to Sam to see what he thought and he just said, "Can we go back outside now?"

But then tonight at dinner, we asked who wanted to lead our prayer with an Easter prayer.
Sam volunteered and said "Thank you God for this Eastery day.  I am sorry that you died, I hope you are ok. Amen"

In other news, we have been contacted by the powers that be and learned that the boys will be playing for the TBall Dodgers this spring - Go Dodgers!

No comments: