Monday, October 18, 2010

Time keeps marching on

Things are good around our house, pretty busy as usual.  We have had a lot of coming and going lately it seems with company and a few quick trips for various groupings of us.  Sometimes I wait until I have some deep reflection on life to post, but it's been awhile and I don't have a anything too profound swirling in my head, so I'll just share some pictures.  The boys and I are battling a nasty cougha nd welcome your healthy vibes coming our way :)
Grandpa came to visit for a few days which is always a treat - the boys love it when he is here!

We celebrated Jeff's 39th trip around the sun with some treats from the Scottish Bakery - yum!  He left that evening for a 3 day men's retreat that he was able to just participate in - he had a great time!

We visited a fun cider mill with an awesome train playscape

Casey was rearranging these pumpkins - he has a real eye for curb appeal I think

We skipped town for a few days up north - I was fighting an awful cough and got a lot of rest thanks to Jeff and the boys going out for fun adventures during the day.

Casey actually took this picture of Jeff and Sam - not bad!

A very favorite activity ... especially up north

We have been really blown away by the change in Casey's physical abilities this season - he is no longer afraid of anything a play scape can throw at him!

Of course we are biased, but this kid is so cute!

I was excited to participate in the Detroit Marathon on a five woman relay team - preparing for it has helped me out in so many ways and being part of the event was a really cool experience.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your marathon finish! You all look great!