Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Darndest Things

It's been awhile since I documented some of the funny things these boys say so I thought I would take a minute now to do that before I forget them all!
Casey is starting to try and make sense of things.  Age appropriate and pretty entertainning.  The other day in the car he asked Sam if he knew the difference between boys and girls.  This will be interesting I think to myself.  Sammy says no.  Casey says, quite pleased with himself, "the difference between boys and girls is the same as the difference between princes and princesses, girls have longer arms to reach important things."
So far we have avoided toy guns.  I saw someone hand Casey one once, and he really didn't know what to do with it.  But lately, he seems more aware somehow and refers to things as "shooters".  He was playing with his legos and was telling me that he was building some shooters.  A little later he asked if I wanted to see them so I went with him to see - they were just various tower type lego structures and he was referring to them as shooters and that he was going to shoot all the people.  Not sure exactly what to say I just said, "Well I don't think you should point shooters at people.  That doesn't sound very nice."  His adolescent sounding response -"Mom, it's just legos." 
Sammy's vocabulary continues to evolve daily.  He has sentences and is getting easier to understand.  He is still doing the thing where instead of speaking a negative, he states the positive while shaking his head no. 
He has learned the phrase "Now you'll never get it".  He learned this from his brother of course but he seems to take more delight in it than Casey ever has and Casey is more bothered by it than Sam ever was.  He takes something of Casey's and puts it in the garbage, or throws it behind something or out the door and says with a huge grin "Now you nev get dit".
My absolute favorite thing he says though right now is "gedders".  He means together and its the sweetest sound.  He will do something, like stir in a bowl, then say "Mama, your turn!" and after I take a turn he says "Gedders!"  And then we stir together.  He says it with such excitment and amazement at the things we can do "gedders".  It's just a matter of time before he gets the word right, and I don't want to forget about gedders.
Each day with these boys brings a phrase or moment I want to remember - I wish I had more time to record it all.   The more they are able to interact the more fun they can have and the more nuts they can drive each other. And the more entertaining it all becomes.  There are some very frustrating moments but I have a feeling there is much laughter ahead!

No comments: