
Jeff's dad and his friend Joanne came to visit this week to meet Sam and catch up with Casey. Grandpa got to learn all about Thomas and friends trains and Joanne got used to being called Jo-un "hi Jo-un" all week! While they were here I got to get some projects done with photo albums and baby clothes and Jeff and I got out to dinner. Here are some pictures ...

Playing trains - "Gampa - trains! Hello Thomas!"

Gampa brought a baseball bat and soft ball for Casey and he liked trying it out

Jo-un helped out - they got a lot of hits this way

Joanne and Sam - she's a natural
Vocab Diaries
In Jakers - the adventures of Piggly Fernie Molly and Dannon, farm animals in Ireland - Fernie has an expression for excitement or surprise - sort of an "Oh my gosh!" kind of sentiment that sounds like "jenny mack" I'll have to ask around my Irish relatives to see what this means. Anyway, lately Casey has been using this phrase. First was when I was showing him that the corn on the cob (which he LOVES) comes covered up - So I started shucking it and as soon as he could see the corn, he yelled "Jenny mack!" He also uses it when his trains go off the side of the table or when he sees something awesome at the zoo or on the TV. It is so funny, especially since we don't really know what this phrase means.
2 comments:
So good to hook up with Casey again, and to meet Sam and Thomas the Train for the first time. Grandpa is home home now resting up. G Nelson
Hi Bridget,
It's Cindy, I think the expression is "Janie Mack" or at least that is what it sounds like to me. I'm not sure what it means either. Our kids like that show too! Although our Bridget(now 8 and in 3rd grade), can no longer seem to find time for the shows on Sprout. She'd rather watch Hannah Montana(just wait!) Is that the channel you get it on? Anyway, it's great to see pictures of your beautiful family. Two boys, what a blessing! I'll try to send you some pictures too. Take care. Say hi to Jeff for us!
Love,
Cindy
Post a Comment