Well, what a difference 8 days makes. As I mentioned in my earlier post on the swimming lessons, I was totally blown away by Sam's screaming and crying in the water during our first week. But I can now say I am blown away by the progress he has made!! Both boys love swimming lessons - LOVE them. Sam is participating in his class with a smile on his face. He is floating (with his floatie) on his own up and down the length of the pool, waving and yelling hello to everyone in the bleachers. He has the whole place rooting for him - its just awesome! Casey has made great strides as well - he is pushing himself off the wall and swimming to his teacher (about 6-8 feet away), he can do the back float and he is jumping into the deep end with just a swim noodle. Both boys have gotten comfortable putting their face in the water and Casey is learning to hold his breath. It's incredible to watch!
 |
| Casey about to jump |
 |
| Sam with Ahmed, our hero |
We have 2 days left due to the pool being closed twice for maintenance last week. While it will be nice to have our mornings back, I know the boys are really going to miss swimming every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment