| Casey's picture of himself and his dad |
Unitl the last line of questioning about where college kids live.
With other college kids, I told him.
Where?
In a special building for all the college students called a dorm.
And where do the moms live?
Moms stay at home while the kids go to college
So you won't be there with me?
No, I will be at home with Dad and Sam.
Oh, he says, I'm not going to college.
Aw, how sweet. I don't know how to explain to him that once he is 18, the fact that I won't be there will be one of the main reasons he will be excited about college.
Then tonight when he was going to bed, its back to the college thing -
Mom, when I am older, I don't have to go college.
No, you don't have to, but you might want to.
No, I don't want to. I just want to stay here with you. Forever.
Ok Case, sounds good.
Ok.
He climbed up into his bunk and I heard him whisper to himself "awesome"
4 comments:
This made me tear up a little. So sweet!
Precious moment. Print it out and put it in one of his care packages from home when he IS in college.
Oh man! This is the cutest thing I've ever heard! Awesome. Don't forget to tell Casey that College is where mom met dad right???
Wow-Kieran and I had our own version of this conversation last night-weird.
Oh, he might go to college but he is definately living with us if he does:)
Post a Comment