Tuesday, February 15, 2011
The Sign on the Door
Some days, Sam just drives Casey crazy. We are trying to teach him to come and ask one of us to "help me with Sam" instead of taking matters into his own hands and he does pretty well, but some days he just gets frustrated. "I'm mad at you Sam!" you can hear him yelling. Sam usually giggles in response which totally helps. The other day, Casey asked me for some paper and a pencil. He went away with it and came back with a picture of a door with a circle around it and a line through it. I didn't know he knew how to draw that. He then asked for my help writing some words. We wrote together the words he wanted - "Leave me alone. Knock first. When I'm done I'll tell you." He had asked me to help him write "Go away" and I told him I didn't want to, so he wrote it himself (sort of) later. He then got some tape and put this on his bedroom door. Of course, he shares a room with Sammy, and Sammy cannot read. Details, details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment