We had a tough trip to the doctor today. I had received a notice that Sam was due for a shot, but since I didn't get one about Casey, I assured him there would be no shots. My bad. Both boys needed a finger prick, a TB test and a vaccine. Sam was a trooper, he cried at each one but just for a minute. Casey observed this and then announced he did not need these things. He has gotten so big and strong that I simply could not hold him still enough for the nurse to do what she needed to do. So they brought in another nurse and Sam and I waited outside. That was pretty awful. As we stood out there listening to him struggle and scream for what felt like 10 years, I thought about parents with sick kids whose lives become consumed with doctors appointments and constant poking and prodding. So, while it was hard, it was temporary. An hour later they were both happily running around the McDonalds playland. We are so fortunate to have healthy kids.
Sam weighed in at 31 pounds and 35.25 inches tall. Casey was 40 pounds and 43 inches tall. Sam falls just below 75th percentile for height and just above it for weight, which is around where he has always been, aside from the birth weight. Casey falls in the 75th percentile for weight and the 92nd for height -again consistent. I'm glad to be beyond the head measuring visits.
One interesting note - and this how we know for sure I am my mother's daughter - at birth, Sam was 2 inches shorter than Casey had been, and now at 2 he is just .75 inches shorter than Casey was. Looks like little brother is closing the gap :)
No comments:
Post a Comment