Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Anxious for Spring


Last night it starting snowing before the boys went to bed and they were both very exited. We have been looking at our green/brown lawn for a while now and it is sort of weird to have no snow on the ground. Casey really wanted to go out last night and play - there was no accumulation yet but he wasn't open to that information. I finally convinced him to go to bed with the promise that we woudl go out and play in the morning. Remember the post when I talked about the boys sleeping until 10 am on Christmas morning? Today, Casey was in our room at 8:15 yelling "Time to play in the snow!!!" We could not get through breakfast and get dressed fast enough! I never wear enough layers because by the time I get the 2 squirmy boys into all their gear I am sweating and end up choosing the lighter of my coats. Anyway, we finally got out there. It was a good time - the sun was out a bit - most of the snow is already gone as I write this. The funny thing was, both boys just wanted to ride bikes. And play baseball. So I guess they are just ready for spring and all the activities it will bring. I am ready for spring for sure - being able t be outside will be a welcome addition to our daytime options. I ended up shoveling about 5 houses worth of our street so they could ride bikes in their snow pants. So I guess it was good to have the lighter coat on after all.




Sam's hair may have officially crossed the line from cute baby hair to mullet, we're not totally sure. When he wears these hats around with the wisps hanging out though ... well, it's probably time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.