The other day Casey took at the cushions in the living room and threw them into the little entry way to make what he referred to as his "trampoline". He and Sam had a ball jumping around in there - Mom and Dad even joined in for a little bit. We don't use the front door too much so it wasn't a big deal until some neighbors came by to meet us for the first time and it took me 5 minutes to move enough of the cushions to get the door open and launch myself out onto the porch to say hello and not invite them in. Nothing like a great first impression.
Couple Stories to Share:
Sam has started hitting, showing he is still on track developmentally. We went through this phase a few times with Casey (and may not be done yet who knows), but when Casey was 20 months old he only had us to hit. Sam has Casey to hit. And he does. He throws things at him, hits him with toys or just slaps him on the head. Sam gets great delight (and a time out) out of this. Casey does not, and will often cry and tell me that Sam is "hurting his feelings". To Casey's credit, he hasn't hit him back (yet).
Earlier this week when the boys and I were coming home, I had my hands full with various bags and back packs and Sam so I asked Casey to carry something for me. He took it and was balancing it with his blanket and pig, and as he struggled to keep it all, he said "Mommy, we need more kids!"
Last night after he was in bed, Casey asked me if he could have his stuffed dog which he has not asked for in quite awhile. So I found it. Sam was having trouble settling down so I was in the room for a few minutes rocking him and I overheard Casey reintroducing "Cooker" the dog to the pig and the elephant. They all told Cooker they had missed him and they were glad he was back.
The boys spent an evening with in-town grandma Jean recently while Jeff and I both had church stuff we had to do. Jean is part of our new church and has 4 older grand kids. The boys took to her right away - she always buys them little trinkets and has cookies for them. They like the basket of little kid toys she has kept around her house and they both feel quite comfortable in her house. She is a real gift to us. When I went to pick them up, I walked in and didn't see anyone and then "BOO!" they yelled as the 3 of them jumped out from behind the couch. One of the cuter things I have ever seen, and boy were the kiddos proud of themselves!
2 comments:
we should all have a grandma jean. i loved that story.
CUTE story about "Cooker"! And love the pictures of daddy joining in on the trampoline fun!!!
Post a Comment