Thursday, December 17, 2009

Advent


Last weekend marked the 9th annual Advent Retreat that we go on with good friends. Our group started out as about 18 people that included 2 married couples. The last 2 years we have hired a local babysitter for part of the retreat due the many children in the group - so we continue to evolve as a group but I am grateful we have kept the retreat going. This year was a smaller group than usual, but a great time none the less.

Getting some decorations out this week - always strange to decorate a house for the first time! That might explain why I have done the tree lights twice and the outside ones about 4 times now. Many of our decorations will remain in boxes until little hands are less destructive and sneaky. Sure I don't want things broken but I also fear favorite ornaments going the way of the camera (toilet) or my keys (lost in some black hole within this house). So it's lights only on the tree and the fun, sturdy wooden nativity set will have to represent its more fragile peers in the storage room. We are making some progress on our shopping and look forward to our first Christmas in our new congregation.

No comments: