Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Glimpse, Albeit Brief



In the evening, once the boys are asleep its always a little depressing to walk into the kitchen. We want to put our feet up and catch up with each other (and facebook) but the kitchen is a mess and the maid never shows up anymore. But tonight was different. The boys finished their dinner and both went out onto the back porch. These days, the two of them together are requiring quite a lot of supervision, as one is usually tackling the other. But tonight, I listened to them playing nicely together out there and got the dishes done! They were getting along ... even a few shouts from Casey, "Mama! We sharing!" And so I got this glimpse of what might be in our future. I know brothers fight at all ages but the idea that they might play together peacefully, even once in awhile, is just delightful. And tonight, after they were asleep we just settled into our chairs with no worries.
A few new pictures to share ...


Sam is really walking now! He is still very excited about it while he is doing it, so his arms are still outstretched and its a little wobbly yet but he is cruising! He made it all the way to the corner today. I am trying to get a good video of him to share.


Casey has gone straight to the 2 wheel bike with training wheels. We raised the seat a bit and he is getting used to the brakes. He really loves riding bikes! We have established his boundaries on the street and all but once he has stayed within them quite well. (The one time he was hollering to me, "Mama I need to follow this kitty" as some stray cat wandered past him and continued on beyond his turn around spot. I said no, but he went anyway and that was end of bikes for a little while). It's pretty fun to watch him ride along. Being on this bigger bike though means it's robably time to get him a helmet. Of course whatever direction he is riding, Sam is walking in the other so that's fun to supervise.

No comments: