1
Casey loves making observations from his perch in the back seat. Lately its mostly school buses, trucks and construction sites with cranes. A newer item he is pointing out is flags. The other day, he and Jeff were out and Casey got very excited about a huge American flag, and yelled out - "Daddy - a Barack Obama flag!!"
2
You know how at the beginning of Disney movie, in the section you cannot fast forward or skip, one of the corporate moments is an image of the Disney castle. Every time it comes on, Casey says "A church, a church! With flags on it!!!"
3
In preparation for our move this summer, we gave a bunch of stuff to the church rummage sale. We even gave away our couch. While some folks were here getting the stuff out of our garage, I was explaining to Casey that we are very fortunate to have a lot of things and we were giving some things away to help other people (after they sell it at rummage, the money goes to lots of good causes). He was listening and watching the guys load up all our stuff. He ran inside and came back out with his "Pokey" horse he had gotten at Easter. He gave it to one of the guys and said "for the kids". This was very touching of course, but I did tell him he didn't have to do that. Little did he know, many of his toys were already on that truck! But he insisted so the guy took it and put it on the truck. I was really proud of him! About 30 minutes later though he was ready to play with Pokey and wondered when it woudl be his turn again. I had to break the news that Pokey wasn't coming back because we gave him away to other kids. He didn't like it. A little case of Givers remorse ensued for the rest of the day, but he is ok now.
We got rid of the couch before we had an actual replacement. So we have a temporary arrangement with 2 chairs that have been hanging around the basement. When I brought them up, Casey was really excited about the "new couch", but I don't think he has quite figured out how to get comfy.
Probably lots of these pictures to come over the next 8 weeks!
2 comments:
I had to read the givers' remorse part aloud to Marc b/c I was absolutely cracking up. He really liked the Obama flag part.
It is hard to believe "the couch" is gone. Obama flags for Casey are on the way.
G. Nelson
Post a Comment