Monday, May 21, 2007

Congratulations Daddy!

I started wondering what was up on Saturday when I noticed that my daddy was not home, and had not been home for a few days. And then, all 3 of my grandparents were at our house. I have to say, they are pretty impressed with me :) They clap for me when I do the simplest thing and they are so easy to entertain! They all took turns playing with me and reading to me and feeding me. Then on Sunday, I really knew something was up because everyone got really dressed up - my mama was wearing shoes that were not her baby blue crocs or her beat up tennis shoes! We were in the car for awhile and then we were at this big place with lots of people in long robes. And then I saw him - my daddy!

He was wearing a long black robe and lots of people seemed to want to shake his hand and hug him. I wanted to hug him too so I did. And I saw my Godfather Carl in a long white robe.

And I got to see my Godmother and Vince and Anna and my friend Kieran and his parents and Kim. And there were lots of people from our church like Heather and the Porters and Ben and Beckie and lots of people who work there and friends I see on Sundays. I met a new friend named Grace - we're both PK's and daddy says we are getting married but not for awhile. Then everyone went inside the huge room and I got to hang out with my friend Diane for a couple hours on the lawn - we played and had sippy cups and took a few walks. Every now and then she would take me just inside the huge room and I would see what was going on. One time we looked in and I saw daddy up in the front with lots of people around him, they layed their hands on him and prayed for him. Then two of our friends put a pretty red scarf around his neck and hugged him. He seemed pretty happy, I even saw him wink at my mama. Afterward, they all came outside and everyone was so happy. Mama says "Daddy got ordained today" and I don't know what she is talking about (why does she use such big words?) and then we went to a party and that was fun.


These are some of dady's pastor friends


This is me with my Grandpa and Grandma O


Here I am with my mama and daddy and Grandpa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blue plaid pants Case!

Anonymous said...

jeff getting ordained and casey looking cute, two awesome events in one day (and neither one being possible without bridget!)

Mira and Eric said...

Yay!