
He is two already!! Incredible. And a wonderful little person already. We saw the doctor today for the 2 year check in and all is well - he is 3 feet tall and weighs 32 pounds, both 90th percentile. His head continues to create its own little arc across the top of the chart.
Just for fun - his 1st Birthday Shot

Little brother checked out good too, gaining a pound in the last week to weigh in today at just above his birth weight. Sam is in the 97th percentile for height and weight and is also making his own little head circumference chart.

We have decided to let ourselves off the hook for the fact that we have not come up with any grand plans for Casey's birthday. We gave him his much desired basketball hoop a few days ago, and with various segments of our family coming in and out this summer, we will just let his celebration go on and on. Yesterday our friends Mary and Prasad were astutue enough to come by with balloons and cupcakes so we could at least have the messy face picture.

Two fun stories in honor of Casey's birthday:
We are learning to watch our mouths around this parrot of a child right now (very advanced language skills according to our doctor today, after he greeted her with "Hi Doctor") Anyway, the other day Casey and Jeff were in the office and Jeff was checking the baseball scores. We have been a little disappointed in our Tigers lately, so upon seeing a losing score, Jeff says "Oh man!" to which Casey said clear as day, "Crap!" We had to pretend that wasn't as hilarious as it was.
Recently Jeff and I decided that it might be nice for me to go pick Casey up from day care without him or Sam and just have some Casey and mom time. So I went and got him and he was pretty thrilled to see me - he ran across the room and gave me a big hug. I told him we were going to stop somewhere on the way home - that we were going to the store. He loves the store so he was happy to come along. Then I told him we were going to get a cookie. "Cookie ... store ... cookie store?" Like, there is a cookie store and I am just now hearing about it??? So we went to where I thought there was a little coffee house ($4 brownie type place) but it had closed since I was there last. There was a Subway next door though and they have cookies so I figured that would work. We headed in and on the door was an add with a huge tray of cookies - "Hoo Hoo Cookie Store!!" he cheered. We had our cookies and talked about our day and cleaned his face and it was a lovely time. He told Jeff all about the cookie store when we got home and he says "Where is that?". "At Subway" I told him. That night I was putting Casey to bed and we did the whole routine of brushing teeth, reading books, rocking in the chair. Then it was time to lay him down and I whispered in is ear, "I love you Casey" and he leaned in to whisper back - maybe he will say it I thought - of all the things he repeats he has yet to say those magic words. But instead, he leans in and whispers, "Cookie Store". Maybe "I love you" is too intanglible or something, but cookie store might be the best thing he knows.

BOY + SUMMER = DIRTY
4 comments:
Look at Casey!!! He's a total dude...no more a babe. I can't wait to see y'all and meet Sam. Just a couple more weeks to go. woo-hoo!
Nice pictures and birthday stories.
G. Nelson
Just wanted to congratulate you on Sam's long-awaited arrival. Whew...you have to feel so much better! You have a beautiful family that's filled with so much love. Enjoy!
happy cookie store to all! i see a book deal with that premise . .. .loved the story. happy bday casey!
Post a Comment