Friday, April 27, 2007

New Skills = New Injuries

The following is a dramatic reenactment of the scene I walked into at 7:45 this morning ....



That's right folks - Casey can pull himself up to a standing position. He did it for the first time in the family room on Tuesday, and again in the living room on Wednesday (in front of my women's small group aka Casey's club-o-girlfriends). This move garnered many oooohhhs and aaaahhhhs from these women who are mothers of middle school and older kids. So we knew he could do it. I guess we just thought it might take a little longer for it to occur to him to try it in the crib. But this morning, after sleeping through the night (6 nights out of 7!) I walked in rubbing my eyes and found him, pleased as punch with himself, standing to greet me.
But there is no gain without pain, and in order to achieve such a developmental milestone, Casey has been working hard. He has a rug burned nose, a fat lip and a bump on his forehead to prove it. Another mom in the nursery at church told me this morning that she has been waiting 3 months to get her son's 18 month pictures for a day without a bump or bruise - nice. So, here's to new adventures! (This includes Mr and Mrs Handy (ha!) attempting to lower the crib matress this weekend).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Casey!!!! I'm so proud!!!!! Keep up the good work! A+.