Monday, September 30, 2013
How is everybody doing?
Sam: Sam is loving kindergarten! He is well behaved, doing well academically, and handling the long days with no problem. He loves to tell us about who got into trouble during the day and mostly that he did not get into trouble. Another highlight is often that he saw Casey in the hallway at some point. Sam is back in gymnastics and seems to just really enjoy it! At his class time, there are about 18 girls and 3 boys so he is in a small class and loves tumbling around.
Casey: Second grade has a little less flexibility in the "card flip" system (behavior) than 1st grade so Casey has had his card flipped a few times already -always for not paying attention. He has such an incredible imagination, but is having trouble shutting it off when its time to listen to the teacher. We have talked to her, she is very kind and helpful. We are trying to help him get better at transitioning in and out of imagination time :) But Casey loves school! He is reading like crazy and is a self proclaimed math whiz. He has good buddies and just seems pretty gown up to us. For his sport, Casey has decided to try basketball this year. The league starts at age 7 so he will be the youngest and we just hope for the best. He sure loves shooting baskets in our driveway so hopefully that will translate to enjoying learning more about the game and playing in a game. He doesn't start until later in October. And we are in Scouts still as well which starts back up this week.
Bridget: Lots of people have asked me what I am doing with all of my free time, and I don't have a great answer. Some part time work questions are still a bit in the air but will get sorted out in October so that will be good. In the mean time, I have tried out some classes at the gym, which were tough but good. Jeff has been taking his day off and we have gone for long walks with the dog and even saw a movie while the boys were at school! But mostly, I have been able to get a lot of my church work done during the day -I feel less crunched to get it all in after the boys are in bed at night. Last Friday was the 18th day of school and the first time I turned the TV on while home alone. I won't do that again -700 some channels and nothing was on :) I have taken just one nap, but I should work on that this week. I have gone to the grocery store alone - cuts the time in half - for real! And I have completed some summer projects that were lingering and started to take on some clutter busting projects in the house. Sometimes the days fly by, other days not as much - and for the first 2 weeks, I had a sudden urge to go pick someone up at 11:30, as I have been doing for the last 4 years of someone being in preschool.
Jeff: The church keeps this guy hopping, so that has not changed. Jeff has changed his day off and is doing a nice job sticking to it. The boys love his day off because he has been taking them to school in that day and they think that is just awesome. Jeff has decided to read non-church books and so he is reading fun books about baseball history and scandals. He is about to hire a new pastor for our second campus and that will be a great thing in a lot of ways. Jeff has been going to the gym and walking more.
So we are doing fine - trying to keep up with ourselves and our calendar but enjoying the ride too. Thanks for checking in!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment