Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back to School

It's that time of year!  The boys are back in school and so far so good.  On the night before school started we went over to the school for the ice cream social and to find out who their teachers would be. There was a special open house for the kindergarteners where we found out that Sam would have the same kindergarten teacher that Casey had.  This was good news for us as we all liked her 2 years ago.  Sam got to see his classroom, and his locker.  He is so comfortable in that building already, as are all the rest of us, so it feels a lot different than our last kindergarten go around.
Casey learned he would have a teacher that has been teaching 4th grade for over 10 years.  She has been here in the building though so lots of families know her and we heard lots of good things.  There are four 2nd grades this year, as Casey's class is huge district wide.
So we came home and set the alarm for the morning, laid out some clothes and said goodnight.  The boys have a Yoda alarm clock that beeps, slowly at first then faster and faster, for probably 90 seconds. I heard it go off the next morning.  I got out of my bed to go towards their room, while the beeps were still beeping and Casey came bounding out of the room fully dressed!  Fastest time ever.  Sam was close behind and ready to go.  So we had plenty of time for pictures before school.




After school on the first day
Both boys are enjoying school so far - liking their teachers and getting a kick out of seeing each other around the building.  I continue to be so grateful for being able to walk to school.  And so far I have kept busy while they are away with some projects that never happened this summer.  Everyday about 11:30 I get the urge to go pick Sam up, as I have for the last 2 years, and Casey for 2 years before that.  But then I realize no one needs to be picked up quite yet - sort of strange, sort of nice, very quiet :)

No comments: