Friday, January 20, 2012

Current Concerns

First time playing in the snow all winter!

While we are so grateful to have two generally happy and healthy boys, they do have their issues.  I thought I would take a minute to bring you, dear readers, up to speed on some concerns.
1 - Casey is getting tummy aches almost every day before school.  He is pretty vague about the details.  Eating doesn't help, going to the bathroom doesn't help.  The only thing that seems to work is arriving at school and seeing a friend.  After dragging through the whole morning routine with a bum tummy, he is miraculously cured when a little friend meets up with us outside school - "Bye mom!" he yells over his shoulder.
2 - Sam has multiple personalities.  We can have a nice, calm, quiet, cooperative day, Sam and I.  Then Casey comes home and Sam turns into this potty mouthed, disruptive, pushy lunatic.  It's very strange.  Casey doesn't handle it very well, and I have had my moments too.
3 - The other day I ended up going to the grocery store with both boys, which doesn't happen too often anymore.  Casey walks throughout the store now and had been doing pretty well on this over the summer.  This time, though, there was not a person in that store that Casey did not run into.  The problem is two fold: One, he has not yet developed a great crowd sense.  He does not know how to get out of people's way.  Second, this kids imagination is so amazing.  How could he possibly be responsible for navigating grocery store aisles when there is a galaxy to save?
4 - I was asked into Sam's classroom after school the other day and told he had gotten into some trouble that day.  I braced myself to hear that had taken his pants off.  Turns out, he was in trouble for licking another kid.  Twice.  I was relieved it wasn't the pants, but still, why is he licking his little pals?  I talked to him about it right there in front of the teacher and he was embarrassed.  But he seemed to understand it wasn't good behavior and we have not heard any more about it.
This isn't related to the boys, but I am also concerned about this "winter" in Michigan.  I am not one to complain about mild winter days, but this weather is just weird.  I have taken the fleece liner in and out of my coat about 12 times.  We went for a bike ride last week!  It snowed this weekend, about 2 inches but its supposed to rain on Monday.  What the heck?
So, other than that, all is well.  And even with all that, all is well.

1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

Licking is not so bad. one time my brother , a preachers kid, at that age hit another little boy in the head with a golf club.