Based on this little scrap of paper on my desk with the boys stats on it, I think I forgot to document the annual well visits. They were at the end of June and the boys were deemed healthy and happy and loud. Casey weighed in at 49 pounds and 45.5 inches tall, both 90th percentile as usual. Sam weighed in at 38 pounds and 39.5 inches tall, both 75th percentile as usual. The trip was sort of uneventful except for the shots, which were awful, and the lazy eye test that Casey failed.

Fast forward to this week... Casey was really nervous about going to the eye doctor. We googled it and found a goofy video to watch about it and it didn't help him at all. So we got there and he asked me to tell the people that he was really nervous. He brought two of his stuffed friends to get their eyes checked and everyone was very gracious about checking Gary the pig and Henry the hippo's eyes. Turns out all 3 of them have 20/20 vision, and we likely experienced a "false negative" on the lazy eye test. "Awesome!" I thought "Let's get out of here." "Excuse me?" I hear Casey saying in the direction of the doctor, "When do I get my glasses?" The kid who was crying with nerves is now disappointed that he doesn't need glasses.
Earlier in the week, Casey had his first outing to the dentist - I know, Parents of the Year over here. He was incredibly nervous about this despite the circa 1972 Sesame Street video we watched online (where the dentist was not wearing gloves while he examined a kids teeth). Casey asked me to tell everyone he was nervous and I did. Then they showed him the little TV he could watch while they cleaned his teeth and he didn't make another peep. He had chocolate flavored toothpaste for the cleaning and raspberry flavored fluoride. He did great! No cavities - whew! I got my teeth cleaned too for the first time in awhile and it felt good. We go again in 6 months and will take Sam along too.
So the entire school form is filled in now... are we ready? I think so!
No comments:
Post a Comment