Sam is confusing "because" and "that's why" and it makes for these darling statements like "I'm the younger brother, that's why I am younger than Casey" or "I am coloring! That's why I love markers". If he were to swap the front and back phrases and keep the "that's why" it would make sense. Or if he just substituted "because". He does use the word because every now and then so I imagine this will not last too much longer.
"Casey is ahead of me, that's why I am going so slow" or "I can't reach that, that's why I am only 3"
I love watching their vocabulary and understanding develop. Sam is really smart and his words and sentences are pretty advanced for the most part - it's just these little swaps that crack us up.
Sam also already has an incredible sense of humor. He has a "funny voice" that he goes to when he knows what he is saying is funny. He tells jokes and his timing is getting better. Right now his strongest suit is potty humor - certain words make him laugh. He will say the word "poop" to himself (in his funny voice) and just laugh while riding in the car. Give him a minute of silence and he will say "Who farted?" and laugh himself silly. It's crazy. At family camp, he was totally entertaining. I think everyone got to have a good laugh with Sam at some point. Our friend Paul would imitate Sam's dances and tones which delighted Sam. He got right in Paul's face and said "I like you!"
On the last night of camp, a the variety show, the high school girls that came along to help with child care dedicated songs to Sam that they played on guitar. Apparently he is quite the charmer in the child care room!
We just love him, that's why he's such a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment