We stayed at the house of some friends -Jeff and I have been there many times but only once since Casey was born, when he was 4 months old. It was so nice to be back there and be near the water. It was so hot all week but it doesn't really matter when you are standing in the cool waves of Lake Michigan. The boys were pretty well behaved and got along with each other well. We had our moments of course - I think we all had at least one meltdown - but for the most part it was just a really nice time for us as a family.
On the first night we arrived Jeff took the boys for a walk to the water while I got a few groceries. By the time I was coming back, I got a text asking me to bring dry clothes and towels. The boys were soaked - already having a ball. Sam yelled "I love the water!!! Can you get me a shirt that says that?" The amount of sand they carried in their trunks, shoes and hair was simply unprecedented. There was a fairly large clean up to do before we left the house on the last day! But it was worth it. We have a lot of fun things going in this summer but this was our only getaway for just the 4 of us. Not only did we spend hours on the beach, we went on go karts, climbed the lighthouse, and took the dunes tour. We flew kites, we even did a few geo cache treasure hunts.
Jeff's iPhone has this cool app called Instagram and it basically makes pictures look older - he got some great ones on our trip.... take a look.
Of course I had my regular camera too, so here are a few more highlights...
| cashed out |
No comments:
Post a Comment