Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 7

On the seventh day of birthdays, mom wiped out on the back steps.  Sort of a one two punch as I just cranked my left foot and then twisted my right foot and landed on my butt on the ground.  Shock, pain, then a near panic attack as I considered a summer with 2 broken feet.  Oh the logistics!  Jeff came back to help me up and there was much elevating and icing.  The next morning, the right ankle was swollen but it was going to be fine.  The left however hurt badly enough to take a trip to Urgent Care.  Luckily (?) nothing is broken - but badly sprained.  "Stay off of it as much as you can" the doctor says.  "Can I get a prescription for a nanny?" I ask.  But we are doing ok.  Thursday night I got to see Target from a wheelchair as we shopped for Casey's birthday present. Friday was pretty rough as Jeff had a booked day and the boys don't understand the limitations.  And have they always stepped on my foot 10 times a day or I am just noticing that now?   Saturday, a friend took the boys all morning and most of the afternoon and Jeff took them out all evening to the stock car races with some friends.  (They LOVED it!)  So I had lots of elevation and ice and even a nap!  This is certainly more manageable than the injuries and illnesses people we know are dealing with, but I do hope that the 6-8 week prediction was wrong and I can get back to life as we like it!
Two days before the wipeout, I ran an 8k with good friends.  I was so excited to run this summer.  Oh well.

No comments: