Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Road Trip!

I am not always the best packer.  It's not unusual for our family to arrive at a destination and be missing something of importance.  Never anything life changing but lets just say there is almost always a trip to WalMart on a family road trip.  Last week, the boys and I traveled to visit family in Wisconsin.  And you know what I forgot?  Basically anything for the boys to do in the car.  I had coats for 3 seasons, TBall equipment, snacks, lunches, clothes, toothbrushes and pajamas.  But nothing to do on the way there.  We don't have a DVD player or any other fancy technology, but you would think I would bring the children a toy or a book.  We ended up with basically the few items they carried out themselves.  Nothing else.  We were in the car for about 20 hours total over the course of the trip and you know what?  They were incredible!!  Casey learned to count to 100 and Sam got up to 20.  We learned letters and shapes and sang songs.  They slept a tiny bit and they played make believe with their stuffed friends.  They had a few spats but I just turned the radio up during those until they were over.  Pretty amazing really.  If these are the kinds of things that build character, these boys just got a healthy dose.
We got to see both families and loved playing with cousins.  Its really fun to watch them enjoy their cousins.  Overall a really nice trip - next time I will bring a few toys I think just in case :)
Madison Childrens Museum - so cool

Madison Childrens Museum roof - chickens!

Still on the roof - nice view!

Boppa and Sammy

Casey - love the tongue

Reading with Grammy

Amalia and Sammy

Caser

Movie time with Carter

Abby is almost 1 already!

4 cousins

No comments: