Whenever we hear a siren, Sammy stops and says "noise... amblance.... ok" which is shorthand for we hope everyone is ok. He is compassionate and very sweet offering hugs and kisses freely and often a second hug which is tighter while he says "bigger, bigger hug" He has also started saying I love you, which is the coolest thing a kid can say of course. The first time he said it clearly was to Jeff as he left one morning - Jeff said "I love you Sam", and crystal clear he came back with "Luf you too" in the sweetest sing songy voice.
The expressions he makes are priceless and I have not been able to capture them - such an incredible range of emotions on his face and he has mastered the eye move of looking from one thing to another without moving his head like he is getting away with something.
Lately he wants to fall asleep in our bed or in Casey's bed. Since Casey often falls asleep in our bed, Sammy takes over Casey's and Casey will never know about it ... ahem ... understand? :) Everyone gets moved before morning so it all works out. It is pushing our bunk bed plans to the forefront.
He loves socks with pictures or words on them and insists on wearing some every day. He has a definite sense of fashion and it can mean some pretty tough negotiations. He chooses his clothes every day and his pajamas at night. Unfortunately he thinks socks and crocs go together.
| He also loves Obie! |
And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the dancing. This kid has moves. The other night we were at a concert in the park with a rock band and he was single handedly entertaining an entire row of elderly women behind us. They clapped for him, laughed and egged him on for the whole show and he loved every minute of it.
The personality that oozes from this child is just delightful and we are enjoying him so much. I won't be surprised to catch him sneaking out the window one night but I think we have some time.
1 comment:
I love the top pic of Sammy. What a cutie! And I love how sweet he was with JB. I can tell they will be good friends. Yeah (in honor of Sam!)
Post a Comment