Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sam the Man


Sam is a real character.  He loves to make noise, dance around, run, scream, and make faces.  We have recently learned that he has strong opinions on what he is wearing, demonstrated by a 15 minute tantrum (full out on the floor screaming) over the shorts I put on him.  He is reaching for anything he can and loves throwing things.  You could call him destructive I guess.  But he is also totally loveable and adorable and cuddly and sweet.  A new favorite word "cute" seems to mean "like" as he will use it to describe middle aged men or a cartoon character.  He recently learned the word surprise, and uses it sort of appropriately -he shuts his eyes with a big grin and when he opens them he yells surprise!  I had a near panic attack last week when, two days in a row he did not nap.  Talked to himself for awhile and tolerated being in his crib but no sleep.  I started mentally listing all the things I would have to quit (everything) as I considered days of full time refereeing without the quiet time break.  But then he got back to the routine -phew.  He sleeps like a champ and eats like he he is bulking up for fall sports.  It's amazing that he is about to be 2!!  Also amazing is that Casey was similarly nuts at this age and we brought Sam home into the midst of it - I think we have mostly blocked that out :)

No comments: