The boys got to play a more active role in birthday preparations this time around, and in the process got to learn the all important life skill of licking the spoons and mixers. So they enjoyed helping with the cake, and later helped Jeff place, light and blow out all 38 candles. It all turned out pretty well!
While I got dinner ready tonight, I learned a few things I thought I would pass along:
First, while "Happy Birthday Dad" balloons are cute and festive, trying to keep 2 little boys from destroying them all day until dad comes home to see them is not possible, and can cause increased blood pressure.
And, putting cheerios in a garlic press repeatedly will in fact yield a pile of Cheerio crumbs. I don't recommend this experiment unless you have a dog willing to be on clean up. It was nice though to see the boys working together. Sam got the cheerios out, which he often does, and Casey had the garlic press out. Sam was taking cheerios out to the living room and I figured he was eating them. But he was giving them to Casey to put them in the press. Team work!
And just for fun ...
The only reason this picture was needed was that I distinctly remember throwing this piece of toast away quite awhile before I found Sam eating it.
Well, Happy Birthday Jeff! I am so grateful that you are my partner in this truly wonderful life. I think this is the 16th birthday I have helped you celebrate and the first time I ever made you a cake - I guess I had to wait until I had the right help. Here's to many, many more!
3 comments:
Bridget - you are awesome! I love this post. Thanks for making me laugh this crazy Thursday morning. Talk to you soon.
Totally cracking up at the toast picture. I had to laugh out loud and then share with my co-workers because of my hysterical outburst!
SOOO hilarious!!! Love it!! Especially the toast!
Post a Comment