Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of Preschool


Today was Casey's first day of 3 yr old preschool! I know you are wondering about the shoes ... aren't they cool? We talked them up much of the week, to the point that every time we talked about school, Casey would chime in about his special school shoes. Last night when we were getting ready for bed, he wanted to wear them for awhile. He ended up falling asleep with them on. So the morning was really no trouble because he wondered where they had gone and wanted them back. So, it seems the first day went well - all reports were good. At the pick up the teacher comes out in the hallway to give the parents a quick report on the day. They say this is to avoid the "What did you do at school?" "Nothing" conversation in the car on the way home. It's a nice touch, we thought.

Sam was excited to be at the school and seemed excited and confused to be leaving without Casey. The other 3 of us went to the grocery store and Sam got the car cart all to himself. He did not mind.

After school we all went to lunch with Carl and heard more about Casey's day - the teacher report really does come in handy!
Since the middle of August, Casey has not been sleeping much during quiet time. Maybe once a week he will doze off. This has lead to some crabbier evenings and earlier bed times. He still goes, fairly willingly, to the guest room and looks at books, or watches something on the ipod. At the recommendation of many moms who have older kids, we have not abandoned the concept of quiet time. We thought school starting might make a little difference. Well, at least today, it did.

5 comments:

Cailin said...

Oh, I'm so glad it went well! And I love that he has a backpack for all he might need in the 2.5 hours at preschool. :)

JB said...

I know! He is required to bring one in case he has something to bring home ... and of course at the last minute I just grabbed the cheapest one I could find not realizing it was larger than him :)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Sam looks like he is going to be the tall one.
Grandpa N.

Boppa and Grammy said...

I've always been a sap for "back to school" moments, but that first picture with the backpack is the cutest thing I've ever seen...
Grammy

Diane said...

Awww. I can't believe my little buddy is in preschool already. He looks so grown up with his cool shoes and his new backpack. So glad he finally decised to be potty trained!! Way to go, Bridget!!