Friday, July 25, 2008

Sam is 2 months old!


Time flies when you don't sleep - Sam is already 2 months old! He is turning out to be a pretty nice little guy. He is a little fussy sometimes but also has some nice stretches of awake and happy time. He is smiling more and more which is really fun! He is holding is head up more - this is no small feat of course and he continues to eat and sleep well. Sometimes he lets 4 or 5 hours pass between night feedings and I am grateful for it when he does. But even when he doesn't, he is all about the eating and going back to sleep so it completely manageable.

More "2 month" shots: (I know they are all a little blurry but they were too cute to redo)




Today I completed a much feared task - the grocery store with both boys. We did ok! We got one of those cool carts with the car on the front so Casey can "drive" through the store which keeps him totally occupied. Sam was in the car seat facing me and was a little fussy but basically fine. I went in with a shorter-than-usual list and had already given myself permission to walk away from a full cart and abort the mission if necessary. But we made it - amazing!

Vocab Diaries
Casey said it today - "I love you" - he said it! He said it as Jeff left for work, in response to Jeff saying it to him. Like he had done it a hundred times before. It was very sweet! Later I told him I loved him and he said to me as well. Tonight though at bed time he was all about the cookie store again. I think they will be interchangeable for awhile.

1 comment:

Reid said...

A much belated note to say congrats on another adorable little boy. Really can't wait to see how the hairdo shapes up.
-Reid