
So many of you have emailed and called with your congratulations and welcomes for Sam - thank you! Many of you have commented on Jeff's writing - all I can say is, it's good to have great writers. It's truly his gift.
So let me attempt to answer the FAQ's:
How am I doing?
I feel like a new woman. Sure I have lots of skin hanging in weird places but I can walk around and I can breathe and I can lay on my back. This time last week I was reaching a pretty miserable point physically, so despite some soreness it's just good to have Sam on the outside. I also feel like the luckiest woman in the world - I have a wonderful partner and 2 healthy boys. And a cool dog too. The downside of carrying all that fluid and then having a surgery that involves an IV is that I am still quite swollen. When your crocs are tight, its a bad sign :) Apparently this is normal given what my body has been through but it will be nice to see that subside a bit.
Are we sleeping?
Of course not. But we weren't sleeping last week either. Jeff because of my snoring and me because of my hips. So, any chance to sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time is a real gift - its all relative. Today we all slept for about 2 hours during Casey's nap time and that was awesome.
How is Casey adjusting?
So far so good. He visited us in the hospital twice with varying degrees of interest in Sam during both. He tends to either ignore him or notice him and do something nice - bring him a blanket or pat him on the head. He doesn't like to talk about him much. But, so far, he seems alright with the new guy. It has been interesting for Jeff and I, both first borns, to watch him and gain insight into our own life experience. Poor Sam though is living in a house with 3 firstborns. It could be a rough go for him.

Who does Sam look like?
At first - Jeff's Grandpa K - no joke! The profile shot was a perfect match. He also looks like Casey looked a bit, minus the full head of dark hair Casey was born with. And since we still don't know who Casey looks like, maybe they can just look like each other.
How are you doing with two?
I am happy to report that I survived my first home alone time with them both today. We played outside - Sam hung out in the car seat in the wagon while Casey and I played in the sandbox. I did have about 6 minutes when they were both crying - and I think I did alright. They both survived, and that's what matters. Luckily Jeff wasn't gone long, and he is never leaving again :)
So, we are well. Thanks for checking in with us. It should be a great summer!
5 comments:
I'm SO glad you are doing so well! Everyone looks great and the "little" guy is adorable! I plan on keeping up with your postings for some insight and inspiration as we are expecting #2 at the end of October! Crazy.
Love, Angelica
Samuel is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations you two. Call or email us if there is anything we can do to be helpful. Amy Bouque
I'm coming soon to give that big guy a hug! He's super cute! And Caser is going to be a great big brother. Much love from us all!
I've just emerged from new house, new job and a trip to SF to discover cute, handsome (BIG!) Sam has joined the world. Congratulations to you especially Mama but to your whole fam. I think the shot of Sam with one eye open looks just like Casey.
My poor brother too my parents and me are all firstborns too!!!
Post a Comment