Saturday, April 19, 2008

One Week Down


Today Jeff got out Casey's crocs to see if they fit yet. They are a little big but he was happy to have them on. Then they came off and he wanted to put them on himself. So he wore them on the wrong feet for awhile.
We are one week into the bedrest and surviving. We have had lots of help already and its been pretty amazing. Smiling faces bring dinners ready to eat, and our fridge is full of leftovers already! Casey has enjoyed daily outings to parks and new friends around the house. I am trying to be a good patient and lay down as much as possible. I think I am doing pretty well actually, staying put, even when it would be easier to get up and do something myself. And truth be told I feel better when I am laying down. The weather really turned to spring this week and I'm so grateful. Casey loves to be outside and he has gotten a lot of fresh air this week -riding in his wagon, playing at the park, going for a walk downtown. It's reamrkable how well he takes to other people. Usually when they arrive, I chat with them for awhile while he sort of hangs around. Some of them he already knows quite well. But even the people that are newer to him, he warms up quick and when the offer comes - "Casey, want to go play outside?" he doesn't even look back and is happy to head out. Maybe it's all the time at church, maybe he is a confident child, I am not totally sure, it's just great to see him doing so well with others. This could be pretty heart wrenching otherwise.
That's the news from my right side tonight ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crocs I gave him!!!
wow, that was a loong time ago!
2 years in July!

Joan D said...

Welcome, Sam, to the world - we're glad you're here! My best to mom, dad and big brother, Casey. I love his name especially after reading how he came to be Sam.

One of my favorite little kid stories... Mom says to little kid, "your shoes are on the wrong feet." Little kid indignantly says to mom, "These are my feet."

Love to all the Nelson family.

Joan D (from Bridget's small group)