Saturday, April 5, 2008
Monkey See Monkey Do
At least we won't blame day care when Casey starts sticking his tongue out at people.
Casey has been testing his mama a little bit lately - not listening to me or doing what I am asking him to do. I'm not supposed to pick Casey up and he seems to maybe know it. He is a very sweet and good natured boy and we have so much fun together, as long as I don't ask him to do a specific thing at a specific time. There's a whole other boy in there! And if he doesn't wanna, he ain't gonna - walk into day care, leave day care, eat lunch, go upstairs, etc. Luckily I have managed to keep my cool completely and have never modeled any behavior where "losing it" would be a way to handle something :)
On a side note, way back I was looking at books about toddlers and one of them was about ending the screaming. On the back, the author said that when parents tell him that they "just lost it" he asked them what "it" was. His theory - their adulthood.
Yeah, OK, I get it now.
I'm working on it.
He pulls this stuff a little less on Jeff, and we have done well as a united front. We have reached a point where just raising my voice above his moves us to the big lower lip look and we end up hugging each other. He knows how to go back to sweet in the nick of time - he's a smart one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment