
Last Sunday we had the CROP Walk in our area and our church had a great turnout. There are like 10 churches involved but our church and the other huge church have a bit of a competition going to see who can raise the most money (and then gets to hold onto the traveling trophy). Church World Service does wonderful work all over the world, and they appreciate the competition more than anyone because no matter which church wins, they always win, because all the money goes to them. We had the trophy for many many years, then the other church got organized and stole it away. Then we had to get organized and we got it back. Then they got REALLY organized and not only took back the trophy but became the top fundraising congregation in the United States (raising almost $30,000!) That same year, our CROP Chair had a baby and our efforts were a little lack luster (not mentioning any names... ahem). This year, the aforementioned CROP Chair gave up my, I mean her, title and this awesome energetic family took on the task. They really did a fantastic job (thanks John, Wendy, McKenzie, Morgan and Carson!) and as of now it looks like we did VERY well! We won't know how the other church did for a little while, but we will certainly break our record of almost $24,000 raised in 2004 and hopefully win back the trophy too!
Casey was a trooper for the walk - it was 88 degrees and humid (now, just 3 days later it is 52 degrees) and it was also nap time. But he was great - and took a nice nap when we got home.
Casey is 16 months old now and the proud owner of 4 molars. He is eating well, sleeping well and really just a nice person to have around. Can't ask for more than that! I am gaining a new respect for my parents this month as I realize that I was 16 months when they brought home my sister. Oh man. I love being close in age to my sister, but I can only imagine what it was like in the beginning. Whew!
And another fun picture ... you can actually see one of his molars in there.

ps - Dear Packers, What happened? I went to bed and you let the Bears ruin your undefeated season. Bad weekend for Wisconisn - Illinois matchups. Better luck this week! Love, Casey
3 comments:
Jeff...you're looking pretty slim there on your birthday! yea!
i hear ya. i can't even begin to imagine chasing after another kid right now. wowzers. makes me tired and want to sit on the sofa with a beer just thinking about it.
I miss the CROP walk. it was raining here in KC yesterday, and now it is freezing cold. however, my family and I went to a Kansas State game and they beat the Buffalos 47-20!!! YEAH!!!! (sorry about the Packers though!)
Post a Comment