Monday, January 22, 2007

Wintertime Fun


Why am I in this blue suit and why am I sitting in this cold stuff?




Casey is finally getting to experience winter. There is snow on the ground and we have to bundle up to go anywhere - good times! I wrote in Casey's book that we had gone for a walk on Christmas Eve because it was over 40 degrees outside. I told him that had never happened in my life time and unless global warming really takes off (which I suppose it could any minute), he would likely not experience a lot of that in his Midwest-living life. But now winter has come. There is snow, and so we made him play (read: sit) in it for some photos. He is such a great sport!


The cold stuff is fun!









In other news, Casey has learned to clap. He has yet to do it at an appropriately celebratory moment but he has got the skills. And, other people clapping is fantastic entertainment ("Look they can do that too!"). The hair-do he is sporting these days is sort of a finger-in-the-socket look, and there seems to be nothing we can do about it. People ask if we have "styled" his hair this way, suggesting it could be intentional, to which I say "I have not styled my own hair in 7 months - I would not be spending time on his". Casey has found his tongue and is sticking it out much of the time, which makes him look cute and focused and also keeps his lips and chin quite chapped - thank God for vaseline.
He is the greatest kid and we comment on this often to each other. How we got to have him we do not know.
Enjoy some pictures and a little video!


Fun with blocks (and a profile of the hair)

Nice tongue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICS AND THE VIDEO! i also ♥ the hat which I told you last night. I love his hair too. The video is soo cute.

Sarah Q said...

i think the hair is, well, totally rad! perhaps even go one step further and dye the tips blue, purple or black. (a little girl in our daycare had her locks dyed hot pink for halloween using non-toxic baby safe tempura paint that washed right out) i dare you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with sarah! that would look cool on him too.