Thursday, June 8, 2006

Getting Started

Here’s the deal – I’m a new dad and I am pretty excited about it. This blog will give me an opportunity to share some of my reflections about this new chapter in my life. Truth be told – it also gives me the opportunity to brag about my kid who I have to tell you even after just a day and half I am convinced is the coolest kid ever!

I am preacher and if you know anything about preachers we need a venue to pontificate about our latest theological musings and I am thinking that this new role as father will be packed with such musings. This blog will give me the chance to play with these reflections without preaching a sermon about my kid every week….I know people love stories about preacher’s kids but there is a limit.

Who is going to read this thing? Grandparents, aunts and uncles I suppose. Maybe a few friends. Maybe someone will stumble across it out on the web and think it is interesting – not sure. If nothing else the thoughts shared in these pages might be something my boy would appreciate later life (One can hope anyways). We'll see what happens…

Blogs are meant for dialogue so I hope you will join the discussion. Share your thoughts and stories. This will be fun.

Peace,
Jeff

No comments: