Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Detroit Marathon Relay

Two years ago I ran the half marathon in Detroit and felt this great sense of accomplishment and believed it was the beginning of a whole new relationship with running.  But instead, I basically sat down after the event and have hardly run since.  Last year I was the person holding everyones stuff at the end of the half marathon (an important role I was happy to have).  This year I went back to the relay with a great crew of friends!  I still didn't run much in preparation but I made it.   I want to tell you, if you are ever feeling bad about humanity, head out to a running event - everyone is so nice to each other, strangers cheering for strangers, runners helping each other along, water stations and music groups helping to pass the time.  Its just really quite a thing!  

 The day before, picking up all our stuff

After the finish!

No comments: