Friday, May 17, 2013

Sam's Kindergarten Orientation

writing all his letters
It's time to get ready for kindergarten!  Sam is so excited!  I feel excited for him and less emotional about it (at this point) than I was in round 1.  We are so happy with our school, I think I just know he is going to love school and am so comfortable with where he will be.  Sitting in the parent part of the orientation today, I was aware of some first time parents around, asking lots of questions and trying to get a feel for the school.  That was me two years ago and I remember thinking the other parents were so calm :)
While I know I am biased, Sam is smart.  He flew through the activities they had laid out for him, he told the teachers his name, answered their questions.  We have nothing to worry about in terms of kindergarten academics or his social development.  I do worry just a tad about his energy level - he really is loud and on the move.  I hope he will be able to sit still for a minute.  He has done ok in preschool, so hopefully it will continue.
 We got to eat lunch in the cafeteria - bad cheese pizza and all.  Sam has also recently learned to cross his eyes, so he has that going for him.
 These three have been together since they were in 3 year old preschool and their energy combined cold keep the lights on in a small town.  They are very physical and affectionate and hilarious.  Their 4 year old preschool teacher stopped in at the school and I showed her this picture saying "Should we warn the kindergarten teachers about this?" She gave me a big smile and said "I already have."  She is great.
 This is the little sibs group -both these girls have brothers in Casey's class so these three have been playing together after school for 2 years.  It's really nice that Sam will come in knowing a number of kids already.

No comments: