Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Up Norith

After Easter we hit the road and went north for a few days of R & R.  We had a wonderful time!  We stayed at the river house of some generous friends and while there are many things we love about their place, the best thing is that its out in the middle of nowhere and so so quiet.  We went for walks in the woods, threw rocks and sticks in the river, found fun parks and slept very well.  We played games and did crafts and read books.  We were invited to the closest neighbors where the boys could meet their horses.  They ended up riding the horses and a 4 wheeler - too much fun for these city kids.  Unfortunately Jeff and I came home exhausted thanks to the Hunger Games trilogy we borrowed from a friend and then proceeded to stay up all night reading.  What a story!  But hey when was the last time we were able to do that?  We each took the kids on an afternoon adventure allowing the other to get a nap.  It was a really nice getaway and we are so grateful for it!




Call of the Wild Museum in Gaylord









2 comments:

Boppa and Grammy said...

great pictures - sounds like just what you needed...

Mira Conklin said...

I loooove Call of the Wild! I went there many times during my growing-up time in Gaylord and I took Eric there last time so he could experience it. "This is the call of the Canada Goose: Honnn honnn honnn."