
This morning, Sam requested some naked time. He and I have an understanding: he can be naked but that means he will get to the bathroom if he needs to go. To this end, we created his first training chart last week but have not needed it yet. All we have done so far is watched Elmo's Potty Time a couple times, and this just hasn't really been on our radar. Today though, while he was naked, I was vacuuming, and suddenly he is in my face yelling "I did it! All by myself! I did it". He dragged me to the bathroom, and sure enough! He had pulled out the little potty all by himself and used it, and not for peeing. He did it again tonight before he went to bed. I haven't heard of learning number 2 before number 1 but thats alright - he blazes his own trail :) I told Jeff and I will tell you - I think he just really wants this basketball we have been talking about. He knows he has to get 6 stickers and number 2 gets you 2 stickers. My prediction is he will go again tomorrow to get his last 2 stickers, we will go get his basketball and he won't do it again. I hope I am wrong, but I bet I'm not. He is smarter than us.
Today was also Casey's first T-Ball game - first time to suit up for real, including his "athletic supporter". A few quick glances and Jeff and I are pretty sure he was one of a very few of the kids wearing one, but oh well. He was willing, and seemed to think it was actually pretty cool.
 |
| getting warmed up |
 |
| Ready to go! |
They play 3 innings of each team letting every kid bat once. Casey had 3 good hits, made it to first ahead of the ball each time and had two great stops while playing 2nd base. He has the out-of-the-park home run trot down, he is just using it to get to first, so we will be working on that. He said he had a great time. He cheered for his team mates and really enjoyed the snack at the end -Sam asked him to share his and instead of agreeing to that, Casey walked right over to the dad giving them out and asked quite politely if there might be one more for his little brother. Self serving but nice to see. We know this but this kid is a talker, but have to admit that even we were amazed at how he talked the entire game; to a kid sitting near him in the dugout, to a parent out in the field, to the coach at home base
while he was the batter, to us, to Sam... it was hilarious. He just didn't stop. So it was fun and we get to do this 2 or 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks. Good times!
| |
| Casey's cheering section |
|
 |
| getting ready to race Coach Will to home |
No comments:
Post a Comment