
We are home now from 4 days up north - I think the boys are starting to understand that "up north" is a large area as opposed to the one house we stay at. This time we stayed at Boyne Mountain in a little condo. We had a great time! Casey went to Ski Camp Tuesday afternoon and enjoyed learning to ski. He took to it very quickly. He had a great instructor and by the time I came back to get him he had been up the chairlift and could make big turns and even stop at the bottom. Jeff and Sam did crafts at the condo club house and took a monster nap, referred to as "Art Camp" and "Nap Camp" to make it more on par with Ski Camp. They were able to come over at the end of the day to watch Casey go down the hill and I think that was the highlight of the week for Casey. So the next day, I decided Casey and I could just go skiing without more lessons. It was more fun than I could have imagined. We went on the bunny hill, taking the "magic carpet" lift, sort of a moving sidewalk in a slight incline, a bunch of times. Casey mastered the art of slowing down and turning right into the bottom of the lift to avoid the walking back to the lift. (video below) We also took the chairlift a bunch of times and and enjoyed an easy but much longer slope back down. We packed a lunch and just took the one break to eat it and let our noses warm up. He absolutely loved it. He almost cried when we returned his equipment.
 |
| Taking the Magic Carpet lift |
 |
| post bath hang out time |
This place also had one of these indoor water parks and we took advantage of that as well. This place was pretty sweet - slides, a shallow toddler pool, a lazy river tubing area and an arcade. The boys both enjoyed that a lot. Sam would still be in the toddler pool playing basketball if we hadn't dragged him out of there. Overall a nice time away - we ate some good food and just had some nice family time. It was a perfect time to be there - most schools had winter break the week before but there were no crowds anywhere this week. It was easier to ski and we never had to wait for a water slide. It was just what the doctor ordered - plus its always good to get some time like this before Lent starts :)
 |
| Jeff and Sam on the lazy river |
3 comments:
Wow, Casey handled that perfect - whether he knows it or not. I love reading your updates. Brings back so many memories of when David and Joe were younger. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing of raising your boys. Everyday is a new learning experience, isn't it?
Most of my childhood skiing was at Sylvan in Gaylord, but I first learned at Boyne Mt. when I was about Casey's age. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!
This whole blog is priceless and will be more so (if something can become more priceless) as the years roll on. Those kids will always know they were loved.
Grampa N
Post a Comment