
We had a really fun family night last weekend that involved going out for pizza, during which Casey told us some incredible stories. Jeff would start them with "once upon a time, there was a boy named..." and Casey takes it from there. At one point Casey was stumped at "so then they went to..." and Jeff offered "outer space!!!" to which Casey said "NO NO, so then we went to the LIBRARY to get a book about outer space" Jeff and I were laughing so hard - he has always been the more cautious child. We came home from pizza, threw the boys in the shower, which they always resist at first but then love. They go in the shower stall together and make up games and songs and have a bunch of fun. Then we made up some snacks and all snuggled in to our bed - Jeff set up our tiny little tv with the built in DVD player that hasn't been out since we moved- to watch some Phineas and Ferb. If you aren't familiar, it's a very creative and clever Disney show. It's actually fun for parents too. After a few episodes of that the boys wanted to "rock and roll". This is a new thing where they turn on the radio in our room, clear our bed of everything and "rock out" aka jump on the bed. This is quite entertaining, but the best part comes before the rocking starts - when Casey reads the "instructions for rocking" He grabs any book and pretends to be reading from it as he says - "First we need mean faces. Then we need cool costumes, instruments and sweet moves." Then we can turn up the music and go for it. They love it, and they really love Dad's dance moves - straight out of the 90's :) Sam is so funny during all this because he will just follow Casey's lead. Then later he paraphrases everything. "Mama, Ina rock out now. Faces, moves."

In other news:
Sammy has picked up the word "honey" and is using it a lot. "put your coat on honey" he will say to Casey. Or, to me, "in a minute honey". He doesn't seem to know that honey is a person, he seems to sort of think its just part of a phrase. It sounds so stinking cute.
The other day I had the boys in Michael's with me to get something for church, and they got excited about the coloring book rack. They were being good so I let them pick one out. Casey went right away for Star Wars and Sam zeroed in on Dora: The Princess coloring book. Very pink and sparkly. At the register the cashier says, "Oh do you guys have a sister at home? how sweet to get this for her" Ummm...... "Nope" I say. "Sammy loves Dora" as he is clutching the book. Casey was eager to show anyone and everyone the Star Wars book. Later that day I suggested we go for a walk, and Casey immediately suggested we go to the party store (for the non locals, that's your basic liquor/convenience store) in our neighborhood because the guys there might want to check out his Star Wars book. I was in need of some caffeine so I agreed. We walk into the store - we are there quite regularly and the same guys are always there and very friendly - and the boys run to the counter to show the guys their new awesome coloring books. They were so great - they just ooohed and aaahhhed over Star Wars and Dora the Princess. It's so good to have nice folks like that around!
 |
| Post Bath iPod time |
|
3 comments:
I love the "instructions for rocking"! Yeah, no one here knows what a party store is. They're missing out, I tell you.
I love so much about this, I don't even know where to start. Ima rock out now. :)
I'm digging the sweet moves! We used to have "Dance Party" before bedtime which was pretty much the same thing. Somehow that's been phased out, like tonight where Addie painted my toenails and then I painted hers.
Post a Comment