We have a four year old in our house - woot woot! this morning I told Casey - "You are finally four!" and he said "Yep, I am still four". We are so blessed by this creative, funny and affectionate little man and feel so fortunate to be his parents. He is getting older and wiser, picking up on more and more things. Yesterday he wanted to get some water and I asked him to wait for me and he said totally matter of fact, "Mom, just trust me." Whaaaa?
According to my framing plans, this will mark the last of the same bear same chair pictures. But I just want to publicly reserve the right to bring out the bear and plop them in the chair if I am so moved on any future June 6's. Anyway, let's see the picture!
When Sam was born we felt grateful that we had managed to get 12 days between the birthdays - given they had the same due date, it was hard to predict. But I gotta tell ya, these 12 days of birthdays can tire you out. Sort of like the 12 days of Christmas - people don't even keep their trees up for that long anymore. Even Casey seems a little confused by all the birthday talk today. As you may have seen we had a little celebration last weekend, which he thoroughly enjoyed, then a bunch of days with no mention of a birthday and then yesterday all of the sudden we are out to dinner and the waitresses brought a scoop of ice cream with a candle and sang (he was SO embarrassed). Maybe in the years to come they will want to celebrate different ways and we can get 2 weeks between events, we will see. Or we will just learn to love the 12 Days of Birthdays - I mean, really, has a child ever complained about having a birthday last too long? Doubtful.
Here are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd birthday shots ...


2 comments:
Awww, glad sweet Casey had a good birthday. I love the 1, 2, 3, and 4-year-old pictures!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CASEY!!! I can't believe he is 4 already!! Seems like just yesterday I came and saw him in the hospital!
Post a Comment