The boys and I are home from Wisconsin and we had a great time! We were all a little wiped out after road trip home and feeling the cumulative effects of being out of our routines a bit, especially the sleeping ones.
We got to see lots of people and have a lot of fun - a family picnic, some playdates, a splash park, a new (used) bike at Grandpa's, bus rides, ice cream, and just the fun of making messes in other people's homes.
Sam and I went to a mom's group gathering at my sisters where everyone has a 2008 baby. There were like 15 girls there! I think he liked it :) It was really just a nice change of pace, because everywhere else we went it was boys boys boys.
Here are some highlights:
At the family reunion picnic where so far, this entire generation of the family is boys! (Even the one who isn't born yet!)

A play date with 3 of my high school friends - among us we have 9 boys ... this was a very active day :) There are a series of these pictures and not one with everyone looking the same direction. I love how Casey has his hand on Sam - I said to him as we were lining them up, "Help Sam stay with the group" and in every shot he is holding on to him. Aww.
Sam and cousin Carter
Sam reading with Aunt Cailin and cousin Amalia
Sam tends to end up spending more time with kids closer to Casey's age so I feel like he really enjoys his cousins who are both 3 months older than him but are the same size (or smaller, in Amalia's case). Whether he does or not, I sure like seeing them both!
So we have been home a few days and Casey has been sick with crup and a double ear infection - good stuff. His fever broke this afternoon, so maybe we won't be housebound this week. Jeff gets back from the Poetry Slam Nationals tonight and it will be great to see him - the boys have missed him a lot! Me too of course, but you knew that.
No comments:
Post a Comment