Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sam is 9 Months Old! And Meet Mr. Destructo

This kid is so darn cute! I can say that because he looks nothing like me :) Sam's personality comes out more and more with each day. He is happy most of the time, incredibly patient and loud. He can really make some noise, and sometimes he sounds upset, but he's trying out new sounds. He is a fabulous eater - hasn't turned one thing down yet. He is getting better at the sippy cup all the time, and just this week tried those dissolving veggie snacks; I put one in his mouth and he was confused but optimistic. Then he looked at the container and me and opened his mouth for more. He has come into a bit of a nap routine that is sort of predictable which is nice. The night time sleeping is moving the right direction but is still pretty unpredictable. The great thing is he is really easy to put to sleep - he doesn't fight it much which is a gift. The top two teeth are making an entrance this week and he seems less bothered by it this time (so far).
I think I missed Sam's "On the outside as long as he was on the inside" day because I forgot to remember he was 3 weeks early. So, that momentous day was probably about 2 weeks ago already. My bad!
Well, happy nine months Sam - we love you very much!
Here are the official shots:


















And one with big brother, just for kicks:
















Here is one I took the other day and just had to share


Now for Mr. Destructo. I think its due to three things: toddler boy energy (which I hear is the trade off for adolescent girl's attitudes), being two and a half, and being cooped up in the house. But it's already getting old. We have reached an entirely new level of required supervision. Casey is really enjoying clearing whole surfaces with one sweep regardless of what is on them, climbing anything he can find, grabbing and running with things he knows he is not supposed to have, and throwing things around. You just want to grab him and say "What are you doing? And WHY?" It's really something. Here is a shot of a new skill - he is now into Quality Management on PBJ making.
















He pulls out the drawer and crawls right onto the counter, grabs himself an apple and eats it while I make his lunch. He is quite pleased with himself. We need to tap into deep reserves of patience and calmness here - wish us luck!

1 comment:

Vince said...

I love that first picture of Sam! That's quite a mohawk he has. And at first I thought that Casey had climbed on the counter to make his OWN pbj.