Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Tigers, oh the Tigers


Well, the season is over in the Motor City, despite having the "best team on paper". All that talent and it just didn't translate into wins. And now people around here turn their attention to the Lions, which might not help morale.
We got to the Tiger game last weekend - we had to be sure Sam got there! It was a horrible game but fun to take the boys out to the park. While Jeff went to get us all dinner, me and the boys were on the big screen at the park! That was a first. Casey did pretty well, with the help of a few books we brought along. Sam did great, he was awake most of the time and just took it all in. Casey got to meet Paws the Tiger mascot, who he now refers to a Claws (close enough). That would have been a great picture but that was the moment I realized our camera had died. We had already taken a few shots but had to wait until we got a new camera to get them off the memory card.
I can't believe how small digital cameras are these days. Jeff bought our dead camera 5 years ago and it was top of the line at the time. This new one was a fraction of the cost and will probably take much better pictures.

The family shot from the game - thanks Rod!


In other news, Casey has moved into a new pair of shoes! Those who have seen him over the summer know that he wore his blue crocs everyday since about March. We decided a few Sundays ago that it was time to move on. It took both Jeff and I and 3 time-outs, but we got the shoes on. Later that day, Casey's pal Diane noticed his new shoes and told him she really liked them. "Yeah ... time out" he said.

3 comments:

Angelica said...

Please don't get me started on the kid shoe thing...it is a horror. I only like the ones with velcro.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he loved those blue crocs!! It seemed like 2 years ago when I got those, they were sooo big, and now they fit!!! They are growing up so fast!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the Tigers, yeah sorry about that. On a brighter note, the White Sox are in the playoffs! Also, the Cubs lost today (ha, ha!)
Dave and I are still true to the Sox!