Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Momentous Occasions

Lots to report on here - we have had some important moments of late:

Ghana - The family that has hosted us in Ghana is visiting Michigan and we have had a number of opportunities to see them. Here is the picture I got when all my guys were dressed in their "Ghana garb"


It's been great to have Rev Issac and Hagar Twum among us and we wish them safe travels home this weekend!

Sleeping - We continue to be very grateful for the generosity of the good folks at our church. Christopher is a boy a few years older than Casey who likes to pass things along to Casey. Last Thursday Jeff and I were out to dinner and discussed the sleeping arrangements for our boys - what kind of bed Casey should get, where it should go, should they share a room right away. We were a little stumped. But then Friday morning, we got an email letting us know that Christopher has outgrown his Thomas toddler bed - HIS WHAT???? Christopher's grandma brought it over this morning and Casey came home from day care to this ...




He was pretty excited - but it became clear right away that he thought this thing should turn on and do something and frankly he was a little confused why it didn't. When we told him this was his new bed, he persisted with the train ride idea and asked us to "fix it". So we decided to move on to dinner. Later tonight though he was quite excited to get in his jammies and lay down on his new bed. So far he has stayed put - he may not realize he could wander the house (yet).

Sam gets to inherit the crib now and we got that all set up as well. We will try to make a little corner of the house seem like his for now and worry about next steps later.



Exersaucer - Sam has started enjoying the fun of the exersaucer this week. He seems to really like it! Casey must have some deep memories of this thing - he loves hearing the music go when Sam pushes the button.


Meatloaf - thanks to our pal Susan, I made a successful meatloaf tonight for the first time. The last few times I have tried, we have had to order pizza. But now I have a recipe that makes sense and it was really quite tasty - hooray! I feel more equipped to be a stay at home mom now.
(Sorry, no pictures of the meatloaf)

4 comments:

Angelica said...

That is a VERY cool bed. I assume he has matching jammies?
I was just thinking about what happens when there are no longer rails on the sides to keep little ones in.
Props on the meatloaf. Marc claims mine is great (turkey loaf actually), but frankly, I think it kind of looks like a giant turd. :)

Vince said...

Bridget making a mean meatloaf? I'm hoping to have some when I come to visit. I'll talk to Vince tonight, but I may still try to come next Friday and Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Hello Bridget -

How did the pulled pork turn out last week? Do you have any help for next weekend or would you like dinner and vistor next Friday or Saturday? Hope things are well.

amy

Sarah Q said...

casey has the most coveted bed in all of toddlerdom!