Thursday, May 8, 2008

An Unborn Child and the Democratic Primary


Baby Boy profile shot at 35 weeks - estimated weight: 9 lbs 11 oz This is not a typo.

Driving home from the ultrasound today we were listening to the XM Radio station committed 24/7 to the Presidential Race. In analyzing the democratic primary race, someone was saying that Hilary will have to drop out, but it might take 1 week or it might take 5 weeks.
Who knew that our unborn son would have so much in common with Hilary Clinton already?
They both have to drop out sometime soon here. They both have a panel of experts with varying opinions about the best plan for such a move. Some people think they should stay in, some people are ready to get this over with (ahem). If they don’t drop out now, what will happen? Is it eventually going to be destructive to the future? Or is this actually the best thing, letting this go to the bitter end and perhaps creating more unity and a healthier future? The big question of course to answer: is it mathematically possible for her to win? Or for me to birth a 14 pounder? And if it isn’t, what exactly are we waiting for? And who are these super delegates anyway? Hilary feels it’s worth waiting to see where they all land. Attention baby – there are no super delegates for you to wait for!
It’s hard to know who to listen to in these confusing times. Of course we all want what is best, but the whole thing is making me so uncomfortable. It’s hard to even sleep at night. The exhaustion is setting in and the readiness to move on to the next phase of life is overwhelming.
Whatever course gets taken, it’s newsworthy in so many ways. Unprecedented milestones that even the experts seems a bit surprised by, so many opinions, so many people getting involved, all this unfettered access to the main players.
Well, when the day comes for them to drop out, it will be a historic day. One we will never forget, that’s for sure.
And just for the record, if it takes Hilary more than 4 weeks to drop out, all comparisons end there and I am checking myself in.

Now you know that wasn't a typo

3 comments:

Angelica said...

Bridget - I'm completely flumoxed as to how you are able to remain upright with that giant baby! Goodness - You are amazing!
GOOD LUCK to the whole family!
P.S. I'm delighted I found your blog, I love reading it when I'm supposed to be working. :) Hang in there!
Love, Angelica

Sarah Q said...

I'm voting for Baby #2 to come early so he can give his mom a break!

Vince said...

Bridge...this boy looks like he's laid out straight...head at your belly button and feet at your spine. You can tell him that April is ready for him to come! I know y'all are VERY ready too.