We are finally together again. Jeff and I have been in Ghana with 9 of our teenagers from church for 12 days and Casey has been having an amazing time with his grandparents. We missed him terribly and were so thrilled to hold him and hug him again yesterday. Being away from him was a very strange feeling, almost an out of body experience - some days went by quickly, others quite slowly. We showed his picture to everyone we met, even if they didn't ask and I was constantly figuring out what time it was at home to guess what he might be up to. Our parents truly enjoyed the time with him and we are very grateful to them for their willingness to be here. We wondered how he would recieve us after 12 days ... would he remember us? Would he be mad at us? Well, we came accross the yard and he went into Jeff's arms for a minute, then mine - he looked us over. He wasn't upset, but not excited either. We came inside and after a few minutes, this look came across his face and he looked us over and smiled and reached for us and when I picked him up he squeezed me so tight. From that point on he was cuddly and huggy, it was wonderful.

So far, Casey is enjoying his new musical instruments!
When it came time for the afternoon nap, Jeff took him upstairs with the bottle and it got very quiet. After about 45 minutes, I snuck up the stairs to find this ...

Aaaaahhhhhh, its good to be home.
Later in the evening, he gave us a great welcome home gift by taking some unassisted steps! I think 3 steps was the most he did in a row, and it was pretty awesome! And then it was a real pleasure to rock him to sleep last night.
By the way, if you are interested in our adventures in Ghana, check out www.ghanamission07.blogspot.com. We had an amazing time there, and are already looking forward to going back - with Casey next time :)
1 comment:
Ya!!!! You're back!!!! How was Ghana? Well I'll check out the ghana website! The pic with Jeff and CaserJ asleep is very cute!
Post a Comment