
Dear Casey,
Happy Birthday – Happy very first Birthday. In honor of this momentous occasion I have created a top ten list.
Top Ten Things I Love about Casey (on his first birthday)
10 – Your obsession with all things electronic is fascinating – its fun to think of all the random people you have called, alarms you have set or turned off, cords you have disconnected, and pictures you have taken.
9 – Your love of Obie’s dish and toys and the way you completely ignore me (or even giggle with excitement) when I tell you “stop”. This helps me look forward to your teenage years.
8 – You have a great attention span for a 1 year old I think. You can be quite focused on an activity and will not appreciate me deciding its time to move to something else. The arched back and screechy screams are frustrating in the moment, but I think are good signs that you might be able to say what you want to do and perhaps avoid the endless “I don’t know, what do you want to do?” conversations that your dad and I have all the time.
7 – Your resilience – almost every day you knock your head on something and most of the time it’s just no big thing, even if a room full of people gasped and ran for ice when it happened. I also love the part where you look at the afore mentioned roomful like “What?”
6 – Your adaptability – so far no situation has been too much for you. We have taken you everywhere! As long as someone wants to hang out with you, and there is something to eat or drink, you are fine. You have also adapted to all kinds of people taking care of you, which has made things a bit easier for us.
5 – I love that you want to read a book while you have your diaper changed. This seemed weird at first, but hey, lots of people take a book in the bathroom so this is like the same thing I think. And it seems quite dignified.
4 – Your imagination is already quite active I believe. You have lengthy conversations with yourself many times a day. They involve pointing, yelling, whispering and a sing songy kind of talking that sounds like you are telling a great story. Your facial expressions are a riot and I really cannot wait to hear what is going on in your head.
3 – Your hugs are priceless, especially when they include a little pat on the back. It is seriously the sweetest thing.
2 – Your laughter is just too much. You crack yourself up sometimes when you are talking to yourself. Your excited giggles when your dad tosses you on the bed are contagious. And you laugh at the appropriate times in “Green Hat, Blue Hat”. Amazing.
And the number 1 thing I love about you …
Your general good guy laid back happy baby disposition – you seem to be having a good time most of the time – with people or alone, at home or at church, petting Obie or dancing to your tunes, eating an apple slice or reading a book. You are simply a delight, and I love you.
Happy birthday to you
Our sweet Caserooooooooo
Happy birthday dear Casey
Happy birthday to you.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Caser!!!!!!
Love, Lucy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY! We love you so much! You're a beautiful boy and very lucky to have such wonderful parents!
Uncle Doug and Auntie Libby
where's the parenting classes where alejandro can send us? please also send the link for "keeping you baby good-looking: a healthy discourse on months 3-12. alejandro says, "casey, what's up buddy? keep your mom and dad in line, if it's half as hard as my job, i'm prayin for ya."
alejandro, yanela, y mark
Post a Comment